Allergens in the environment cause negative reactions in our body. They can cause watery eyes, congestion and runny noses. Over the counter anti-histamines are loaded with chemicals which negatively affect our bodies. They can also cause side effects such as drowsiness, blurred vision, nausea and heartburn. To reduce your allergies without the negative effects of drugs, try these natural suggestions:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar –Taking one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar every day has the ability to reduce mucous production.
2. Turmeric Powder – Adding a teaspoon of turmeric powder to a glass of water each day will relieve itchy eyes and runny noses.
3. Cinnamon and Licorice Root– Add it to decaffeinated tea because it has been shown to ease breathing.
4. Lemon and Lime– Are loaded with immune boosting antioxidants. Add them to your water and drink it throughout the day to help detoxify your body.
5. Nutrition Response Testing – If you haven’t already come in to our office for Nutrition Response Testing, it is an excellent way to relieve allergies. NRT is a non-invasive system of analyzing the body to determine the underlying causes of illnesses and unexplained symptoms. Read more about NRT on our website.
6. Pharmaceutical Grade Supplements (available in our office):
Allerplex- Supports the body’s natural ability to manage mucus movement.
Albizia Complex -maintains normal upper respiratory tract and skin function, assists in maintaining healthy breathing passages to support free and clear breathing.
Antronex- Supports the liver and the body’s natural immune system function.
7. Acupuncture & Halo Therapy (Salt Caves)-Have been shown to reduce allergies and unblock passage ways in your body.