- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
You may use canned, boxed, or fresh. The recipe works just-right with canned and yields a delicate pancake.
- optional: 1-2 Tbsp of coconut flour
To keep the consistency a bit thicker/firmer if you use boxed, or freshly cooked and strained pumpkin, you may need the coconut flour. If you use it, I recommend sifting it into the wet ingredients slowly to combine it well.
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- optional: 1-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
(Omit for The 21-Day Sugar Detox)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Whisk the eggs, canned pumpkin, pure vanilla extract, and pure maple syrup together. Sift the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and baking soda into the wet ingredients.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, mix the butter into the batter.
- Grease the skillet and spoon the batter into the skillet to make pancakes of your desired size. When a few bubbles appear, flip the pancakes once to finish cooking.
- Serve with grass-fed butter and cinnamon or sliced bananas
Recipe from http://balancedbites.com/2012/10/easy-recipe-pumpkin-pancakes-from-practical-paleo.html